This is my go-to recipe for perfect deviled eggs, every time!
- 12 large eggs
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustart
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring 4 cups of water and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Gently drop the eggs into the water and boil for 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill medium bowl with 1 quart water and 1 dozen ice cubes. After eggs have boiled for 14 minutes, remove from heat, and transfer eggs to ice water with slotted spoon and let cool 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Transfer yolks to fine-mesh sieve and use spatula to press them through sieve and into bowl. Add remaining ingredients, mashing mixture against sides of bowl until smooth.
- Arrange whites on serving platter and fill with yolk mixture, mounding filling about 1/2 inch above whites. Serve immediately.
MAKE AHEAD: You can make the deviled eggs up to 2 days ahead. Wrap the peeled egg-white halves tightly with a double layer of plastic wrap and place the filling in a zipper-lock plastic bag (squeezing out all the air). Refrigerate until ready to fill and serve.