Lemon Pound Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Deliciously lemony pound cake with a tart raspberry sauce - it's the perfect spring dessert!
- 2.5 cups (500 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from about 3 to 4 lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- 6 large whole eggs
- 2 1/2 (315 grams) cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (226 grams) whole fat, plain Greek-yogurt
- 3/4 cup (95 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint raspberries
- ¼ cup water
- ⅜ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325° degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan; chill in the refrigerator.
- In a stand mixer bowl (fitted with a paddle attachment), combine the granulated sugar and lemon zest. Using your fingers, rub the sugar and lemon zest together until very fragrant. Add the softened butter, and beat mixture together at medium speed 4 to 5 minutes or until fluffy. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice; beat until blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Transfer cake to a plate, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake.
For the Raspberry Sauce
- Crush the raspberries with water in a saucepan. Add sugar and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Strain to remove seeds. Drizzle over cake immediately before serving.