I have to be honest, I’m usually not a “steak person.” Washington D.C. LOVES its steakhouses, but 9 times out of 10, I’m probably ordering salmon. That being said, every once in a while, I find myself craving red meat, and when the mood strikes, why not indulge?
Prepping this marinated flank steak could not be easier. Just four ingredients to a delicious steak dinner? Yes please! Before you leave home in the morning, just throw the two dressings in a ziploc bag, add the meat, and come hope to a marinated steak that needs 20 minutes before it’s on the table. It couldn’t be easier.
The real key to flank steak is in the slicing. The muscle fibers in the steak are visible – you want to slice perpendicular to them to cut them up. Cutting “against the bias” will make the slices more tender, which means a better eating experience for you!
Are you a “steak person”? I’d love to hear about your go-to recipes!
Easy Marinated Flank Steak
Four ingredients to a delicious steak dinner!
- 1 bottle Italian dressing
- 1/2 bottle balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (1.5-2 lb) flank steak
- In a plastic resealable bag, combine Italian dressing, balsamic vinaigrette. Add flank steak, seal bag, and massage meat to ensure it is evenly coated with the marinade. Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook steak until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil. Rest for 10 minutes.
- To serve, slice steak thinly against grain.